The Ten Commandments of Christmas
2. Thou shalt not value thy gifts by their cost, for many shall signify love that is more blessed and beautiful than silver and gold.
3. Thou shalt give thyself with thy gifts. Thy love, thy personality, and thy service shall increase the value of thy gifts a hundred fold and he that receiveth them shall treasure them forever.
4. Thou shall not let Santa Claus take the place of Christ, lest Christmas should become a fairy tale, rather than a sublime reality in the spiritual realm.
5. Thou shalt not burden thy servants, the salespersons, the mail carrier and the merchants. They all shall have thy consideration.
6. Thou shalt not neglect the Church. Its Christmas services are planned to help spiritualise the Christmas season for thee, thy family and thy friends.
7. Thou shalt not neglect the needy. Let they bountiful blessings be shared with the many who will go hungry and cold unless thou art generous at Christmas.
8. Thou shalt be as a little child. Christmas is the day of the Christ Child; not until thou have become in spirit as a little child art thou ready to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
9. Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Verily most of us spend much time and money getting gifts ready, but few seconds in preparing our souls.
10. Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let thy Christmas list have Christ in thy heart at the top as thy gift to Him this Christmas.